Monday 9 June 2008

Gutted

I'm sorry. More on tea sets. But I've been watching a lovely tea set on eBay for 10 days. An hour before the auction was due to end last night - with mine being the only bid - I went off to have a bath. By the time I came back, the auction was over and some sneaky bastard had outbid me. I am devastated. It is after all only a second hand tea set but still, it was meant to be mine. Sniff.

Sigh.

Sniff. Sniff.

Sigh.

Guess I should get on and do some work now. Speaking of which, it is an absolutely gorgeous day, despite my not winning the tea set, and working in the house just seems plain wrong. So I might attempt to put a bikini on and work in the garden. Two downsides of course: A) should the neighbours see me, they might call the police to report that Mr Blobby has taken residence in our garden and appears to be nicking the computer; B) the sunshine prevents me from seeing the computer screen which does somewhat hamper me getting any work done.

But given that the forecasters have said June is the only month that's likely to feel remotely like summer, I'd better make the most of it.

Aaah. I do love home office working (particularly as there are no co-workers to spy on me as I search eBay for more tea sets).

Toodle pip!

No comments: