Today is the day of my big interview for the sailing race. I live in West Berkshire. The interview is in Portsmouth. Take a look at today's summary of weather conditions for where we live. There is up to 10cm of snow forecast for the route I'll have to drive. And it's forecast to stay snowing on this area till 3pm today. It is absolutely dumping it down right now. I have two small boys complaining that they don't feel well. And a husband who's already set off for London.
Pre-school will almost certainly be closed AGAIN. The school has endeavoured to stay open all week but I still have a challenge on my hands. A friend who lives across the road has said I can drop both of them off with her at 8am and she will get the older one to school but then she's stuck with the younger one as pre-school won't be open. Plus he's complaining of a very poorly chest plus the possibility of vomiting. I have no idea whether he's making this up or not.
So what do I do? Just accept that my friend will hate me forever for abandoning my poorly child with her when she herself isn't 100% well, force my child to spend the day not with mummy / at home when he's not feeling well, willingly put myself in danger by driving on hazardous roads (West Berks has said it has enough grit left for 3 primary roads and that's it) and just go for it? I'm going to have to because if I don't then I miss my chance.
But this is just giving me a little taster of how hard this is going to be.